Ms Leather Toronto Contestant Information
Download a Contestant Application Today! (Available May 01, 2013)
The Ms Leather Toronto contest is held during Toronto Leather Pride week and is presented during the second weekend in August. The Ms Leather Toronto contest may be challenging, but the opportunities for personal growth are tremendous. The rewards of both competing and winning are an amazing life experience.
Who can enter the Ms Leather Toronto Contest?
Leatherwomen with a serious commitment to:
- Leather, kink and play
- Community Involvement
- Personal Growth, but most of all lots of Fun
You must be:
- twenty-one years old
- a Canadian citizen/landed immigrant
- living in the Greater Toronto Area (within a two hour commute of downtown Toronto)
- must self-identify as part of women’s leather community, as the Ms Leather Toronto Contest is a competition for a women’s title.
Don’t think that you must be well known in leather / fetish / kink circles, with a closet full of leather or gear to compete.
But do recognize that you should be a woman with your own leather or gear and with a passion for the leather /fetish / Kink lifestyle, and comfortable with being active and visible in Toronto’s queer community.
Concerned about the commitment level? Don’t be! As the current Ms Leather Toronto you will only have to participate in one TLP event, on average, per month! The rest of your title year is up to you.
Enjoy the Benefits of Competing:
- the opportunity to compete for an international title or a regional title
- travel and appearance opportunities
- a generous prize package, including a Ms Leather Toronto Title Vest
- Leather / Fetish / Kink fellowship : Opportunities to share ideas and experiences with diverse segments of our community, and a chance to meet fellow leather / fetish / kink folk throughout North America.
- Leather / fetish / kink folk from across North America attend the Toronto Leather Pride Week to see YOU. As a contestant you are in a favoured position to make new acquaintances and friends.
- Local Involvement: An opportunity to contribute not only to the Leather / Fetish / Kink community, but to the ENTIRE community. Together Ms Leather Toronto and the other Toronto Leather Pride titleholders select and fundraise for their designated charity.
- Personal Growth and Fun: Opportunities to explore your inner-self, and learn about and serve the community of leather/ fetish / kink folk. Ask former TLP Contestant’s. They agree that the good times far outweigh the time commitment.
Ms Leather Toronto has the opportunity to compete at International Ms Leather Contest in San Francisco or at the Ms Central Olympus Leather Contest in Ottawa. Unlike some other leather titles it is not a requirement for you to compete at an the international or regional level. It is completely up to you!
As the new MsLT titleholder you and the other TLP titleholders will equally represent Toronto’s Leather / Fetish / Kink / Community at local, national, and international events.
All contestants win prizes and the total of prize packages awarded at TLP 2012 weekend was more than $10,000!
Contestants continue to represent their sponsoring business, organization or club throughout the year, independent of their involvement with HOTF/ TLP.
All contestants are VIP guests at all TLP Week Events.
If I win, must I compete at IMsL or or Ms Central Canadian Olympus Leather ontest?
No. This is not a firm requirement. Ms Leather Toronto has the opportunity to compete at IMsL or at MsCCOL and by all accounts from former IMsL’s it is a unique life experience, but the titleholder can chose not to compete at IMsL or Ms Central Canadian Olympus Leather Contest for reasons that are their own.
Preparation for the Contest
Preparation for The MsLT contest begins a few weeks before the contest and includes coaching sessions, possible bar runs, photo shoots etc. A short time commitment is required on the part of the contestants.
How do I enter?
Just fill out an application.
Ms Leather Toronto Contestants:
- May enter the contest as first place winner of a preliminary title contest of a sanctioned business, organization or club from within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) sexual minorities’ community, that has agreed to provide the entry fee; or
- May enter the contest with an appointed title from a sanctioned business, organization or club from within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) sexual minorities’ community, that has agreed to provide the entry fee; or
- May be sponsored to enter the contest by a sanctioned business, organization or club from within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) sexual minorities’ community that has agreed to provide the entry fee; or
- May enter the contest as an independent contestant. (GDI)
- Always portray yourself for who and what you are.
- Develop a plan and prepare yourself. The MsLT contestant package provides useful tips and advice.
- Ask lots of questions! We are here to assist you in any way we can.
MsLT Basic Contest Rules:
- The Ms Leather Toronto contest will be judged by a panel chosen for their knowledge and interest in leather, fetish and or kink. Contestants will be judged in five categories — interview, formal wear, onstage question, Hotwear (please see category description) and speech. The contestant with the highest total of judges’ scores will be named “Ms Leather Toronto” during the MsLT portion of the contest on Saturday night of the TLP competition weekend.
- In the event that there is only one contestant running for the Ms Leather Toronto title, the contestant must receive a final score of at least 70% of the total possible points.
- The winner of the contest will have the option of going to the International Ms Leather Competition in San Francisco or at the end of their title year at the Ms Central Olympus Leather Contest in Ottawa.
For a complete list of the official 2013 MsLT Contest Rules and Requirements:
Please Link Here (Available May 01. 2013)
For an MsLT 2013 Application:
Download a Contestant Application Today! (Available May 01. 2013)
If your curiosity is piqued, please do not be shy about asking questions! For more information regarding the MsLT contest, please contact the MsLT Coordinator at their email address located on the “Contact Us” page of our club’s website. Please link here to be directed to the Heart of the Flag Federation Inc. website. HOTF is the membership club that produces the MsLT Contest during Toronto Leather Pride week.
MsLT 2014 Sponsored by:
MsLT 2014 Official Sponsor